Favorite AWI Blog's 2014

VolleyFireVSFwargames

New for 2013 new adventures 1895 and Beyond
http://volleyfirevsfgames.blogspot.com/

Henry has introduced me to a new set of rules look here for new tales of these adventures.
IHNM - In Her Majesty's Name by Osprey

Volleyfiresupplydepot

My newly updated blog for supplies and painting tips gleaned from the web and my general surplus miniature selling page click on the link to take you to the new blog.
http://volleyfiresupplydepot.blogspot.com/

I now have joined the electronic age and have paypal and EBay auctions.

VolleyFireOverseas

This is a blog I set up to chronicle my adventures in wargaming overseas in Scotland in 2011 and to continue following particular games overseas that I enjoyed with my new friends in Edinburgh. I look forward to finally updating this with more pics soon.

http://volleyfireoverseas.blogspot.com/

Napoleonic Campaigning in Italy

Napoleonic Campaigning in Italy
Les Grognards Blog "The sabre that Napoleon used at Marengo"

Napoleon's Drum and his Marshals

Napoleon's Drum and his Marshals
Napoleon Mulling over his battle plan

Napoleon reflecting by Iron Mitton

Napoleon reflecting by Iron Mitton
Quiet before the battle

Napoleon the morning of waterloo

More Iron Mitton Cartoons

More Iron Mitton Cartoons
Knock - Knock

Iron Mitton Cartoons

Iron Mitton Cartoons

Civility in wargaming

Civility in wargaming

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Units of 2011-2012 Everybodies favorite

Well no Pics yet first Units started at the end of 2011 moving into 2012

Are Prussian Silesions (inspired by Saxon Dog and one other Blog)
posted by saxon dog at Saxon Dog - 2 weeks ago
Painted for Saxon Dog collection by Chris Meacham and based for R2E by Saxon Dog. 10th (1st Silesian) Regiment 1st and 2bns. Chris is painting up the Fusiliers needed to complete the full Regiment.

Followed by an excellent example of 10 Silesian Prussian Artillery
According to the painter -
The painter comments on  getting completely confused now by all the rulesets I have been using, but I think I will probably add a cannon to each battery in the future. I have been primarily playing Black Powder and the one peculiarity about the ruleset is that it requires only one stand to make a battery, which I quite dislike. ( does anyone play Black Powder with 4 stand artillery, does it change the game?) Lasalle and most rule sets, It is believed, have one stand representing two guns.  this so for most nations this is 4 stands to an unit aside from Britain and it some it's allies where there would be 3. I do not have nor plan to have Russians, but I believe they would be an exception. Generally most nations had a fixed ratio of howitzers to cannon, I usually like to put one howitzer to each battery. I also plan to have a caisson or limber for each battery. It would be way to expensive to have one for each gun, and one will suffice to represent a limbered battery.
3rd Silesian Heavy Foot Artillery
Here we have two 12 pound cannon and a 10 pound howitzer.
Myself I am painting
Silesian Grenadiers
Silesian Line (1 battalion) with skirmishers in landwehr uniform
Silesian Line (1 battalion) Elite minis
Silesian Lights (1 battalion)
Silesian Landwehr (2 battalions) Old Glory
Silesian Landwehr Dragoons
12 Silesian Gunners
2 smaller Silesian Battalions Hinchcliffe castings

NOTHING as fancy as Saxon Dogs but sold off all my other prussians

but inspiration can be a good thing

Also for tomorrow nights game painting set of 3 cossacks - 2 priests and 1 Captain for my Holy Icon for Shervardino from Wargames Illustrated #281 Republic to Empire scenario redoubt side table
mounted 8 polish horse artillery gunners - interesting the blog gives me the idea of using modified Russian gunners for Prussian - I have lots

No project lists but Early French revolution campaign in Italy is on the horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment